WELLNESS AND PHOTOGRAPHY RETREAT
WHERE BETTER TO REVITALISE THAN IN PARADISE! JOIN PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER GAYE GERARD ON THE TROPICAL ISLAND OF KOH SAMUI, THAILAND TO SHARE IN A UNIQUE RETREAT EXPERIENCE FROM 4 – 10 MAY 2012, AT ABSOLUTE SANCTUARY, A LUXURY MODERN WELLNESS AND YOGA RESORT WITH 38 MOROCCAN INSPIRED ROOMS.
Absolute Sanctuary Retreat is an opportunity for you to be pampered in luxury at Thailand’s Premiere Detox, Yoga & Spa Resort, where each day can include a wide array of invigorating spa treatments, morning meditation and yoga, energising fresh juices or healthy light vegetarian cuisine to allow your body to detoxify and restore itself.
This retreat is a chance for you to connect with nature and breathe in the beauty of the idyllic surroundings, enjoy a tour with Gaye Gerard where you can let your imagination come alive and have fun enhancing your intuitive skills with photography.
Relax and rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit in a myriad of ways from swimming in the turquoise waters of the gulf of Thailand to taking long walks on the soft sandy beaches shaded by towering palms. Samui has a magical formula that seems to cast its spell on everyone and this special retreat promises to be an unforgettable experience.
About Your Host
Gaye Gerard knows how to take a good photo. As a professional freelance photographer with Getty Images she’s shot Eric Bana, Cate Blanchett, Miranda Kerr, Nicole Kidman, Beyonce, Megan Gale, Richard Branson and their friends.
Gaye also knows the importance of balancing health, nutrition and wellness to be able to achieve your dreams and goals. The spa devotee understands that image on the outside is about what’s on the inside. This is why she has created a Photography Retreat at Absolute Sanctuary Wellness Resort in Koh Samui, from May 4th to 10th 2012. The Retreat is designed to give women an opportunity to connect with each other and be inspired as they share their passions, develop new photography skills, enhance their creativity with a camera and cleanse their body and mind so they leave feeling rejuvenated.
Guests on the six night retreat not only get direct access to Gaye Gerard’s professional photographic expertise and guidance but will also feel re-energised with healthy raw food, divine smoothies and fresh juices & vegetarian cuisine. The delicious cuisine will delight your senses and leave you lingering for more, optional daily yoga, meditation and over 3 hours of heavenly spa massage treatments are also included. You can also experience one of Thailand’s best culinary cooking classes, where each person has their own wok station and will prepare and enjoy a Thai meal, a true feast of flavours and colours. There will be a series of inspirational talks by guest speakers and Gaye’s Photography workshops and image review sessions.
“When the body is detoxed the mind becomes clearer and creativity is unleashed” explains Gaye. “Thailand offers a plethora of photographic opportunities from landscapes to people. You don’t have to be an expert photographer; you just have to give it a go.”
The Photography Retreat will also feature guest talks on Health and renewing your Creative Inspiration and includes all meals.
Wellness and Photography Retreat Itinerary
Cleanse your body, Reconnect with your spirit, Explore your Creativity
Arrival – Friday 4th May
Upon arrival in Koh Samui Airport, you will collect your luggage and a transfer will await you to take you to Absolute Sanctuary
Resort. Check in and settle into your room. Welcome dinner at the Love Kitchen and introduction to the retreat.
Saturday 5th May
- Morning tour to Big Buddha and Wat Plai Laem Temple and School. The temple is famous for the hundreds of big fish and is
one of the most colourful temples on Samui, featuring 18 arms it’s a strong Buddha statue set in the middle of the lake.
- Initial Wellness Consultation and free time for swim, massages, steam,
- ‘Intuitive Photography’ conversation & lesson – vision, individual expression and composition
- Visit to the famous Nathorn Night Food Markets, dinner at own expense
Sunday 6th May
- Jungle Safari half day tour including a visit to an Elephant camp, where we will have the chance to ride the elephants and
then walk through the rainforest to photograph the Namuang Waterfall, plenty of time for a swim then we leave here and visit
the Buddhas Magic Garden, refresh with some tropical thai fruits as we head back down the mountain in the 4×4’s back to the
resort for lunch.
- Lunch in the Love Kitchen at the resort
- Free time, swim, steam, massage and yoga at 4 pm (optional)
- Your Creative Spirit Workshop – Miho Sakamoto
- Image Review session and gear guide in the conference room
- Dinner in the Love Kitchen – free time
Monday 7th May
- Breakfast at the Love Kitchen (pre order the night before)
- Early morning marine park adventure by boat to photograph the stunning islands Koh Tao & Koh Nang Yuan
- Free time in afternoon, swim, massage,
- Afternoon yoga session (optional)
- Free shuttle to Cheong Mong Beach for sunset (optional)
- Dinner at the Love Kitchen, free time after dinner
Tuesday 8th May
- Yoga, meditation
- Breakfast at the Love Kitchen in the resort
- World Famous Thai cooking culinary class in Chaweng at 11am with photographic opportunities
- Sunset photo shoot on Chaweng Beach, learn how to capture long exposures
- Free time for a realxing swim, massage, steam
- Dinner at Chaweng Beach on your own to explore (at own expense)
Wednesday 9th May
- Yoga, meditation,
- Breakfast at the Love Kitchen in the resort
- Healthy Balance workshop 10:30am-11:30am
- Creative Goal Setting Visual Workshop Pearl morning, 11:45-12:45pm
- Lunch at the Love Kitchen in the resort
- Final image reviews at 2:00pm- 3:30pm in conference room with laptops and tables
- Afternoon session out exploring Chaweng – portraits and street scenes
- Farewell dinner in Chaweng (at own expense)
Thursday 10th May – Checkout
- Morning yoga and meditation
- Breakfast at the Love Kitchen in the Resort
- Free time to relax before checking out
- Checkout Transfer to Airport included
** Option to extend your stay at discounted rate
6 nights accommodation at Absolute Sanctuary Wellness Resort in a Superior Room
Initial In-depth Wellness Consultation upon arrival
Breakfast and lunch daily and 4 x dinners
Airport Transfers in Koh Samui (return)
Gaye Gerard as Workshop Leader
All photographic workshops/day tours with Gaye Gerard
3 x Inspiring talks by guest speakers
Pool, Steam Room, Mini-Theatre Access
1 x Yoga Class per day
1 x 60 min Welcome Ritual Massage
1 x 60 min Absolute Thai Stretch massage
1 x 60 min Swedish Massage
Complimentary shuttle to Chaweng Beach for shopping and sightseeing
Bonus Foot Massage
Bonus shuttle on 1 day to Cheong Mon Beach
Wi Fi internet complimentary in the Resort
Trip Dates: May 4th – 10th 2012
Trip Costs: AUS$1,997 twin-share or option of single room is available $2,397
All inclusive as per details listed above
* There is one price to pay for this retreat everything is included as listed, so there are no surprises or add ons.
Cut Off date for Bookings & Payment is 14th April 2012
To request more information visit Gaye Gerard Photo Tours website or to sign up, please email email@example.com